Happy in Biz Coaching
Attention: Heart-Centered Entrepreneurs who are ready to take that great idea, build an empire and feel happy in every area of your life as you create the freedom you desire!
Didn’t you become an entrepreneur for MORE FREEDOM and Happiness?
It’s hard to be happy in life when you’re barely
squeaking by in your business, your husband is
losing faith in your ability to get anywhere
& your life is falling apart around you.
It doesn’t have to be painful…you can build a business AND be happy. (If you know what to focus on.)
Does this sound like you?
- You’ve got a great idea, but don’t know what to do next?
- Feeling overwhelmed. Do I start with a business plan? Do I need business cards? How important is a website? What kind of website? WordPress? html? Joomla? Java? Who even “does” websites? How do I know what to ask for, or if I’m being hosed in price! What is an autoresponder? And what kind do I use? Mailchimp? Constant Contact? Aweber? What is a shopping cart? Do I need one? What is the difference between an affiliate and a joint venture partner? Do I need a “eZine?” How often should I send it? Why are sales letters so long? How do I get them to work for me? How do I use social media?….
- Your head is screaming: I DON’T KNOW WHAT I DON’T KNOW! Where do I even start?
- You have the beginning of a business but it doesn’t feel like it’s going anywhere.
- You do have a website, even if it’s a blog and wasn’t professionally done, and it’s getting less than 100 hits per month (and most of those are from you checking to make sure it’s there, your mom and your best friend.)
- No one understands you. You tried to join a local entrepreneurial society, looking for advice…and they just looked at you like you’re an alien. (Why would ANYONE want an online business? Where do you even start? are the questions you’re asked. And you wish you could give them an answer!)
- Your husband doesn’t think you’re actually doing anything. He thinks you spend hours “playing.” Or worse, he thinks of your business as “Liz’s ‘little hobby’” and while it hurts your feelings, you can’t help but agree because you aren’t making any money!
- You are trying to map out budgets and expected incomes, but you don’t even know where to start and the information other people are giving you conflicts with your own instincts.
- You keep hearing about “Social Media” and the importance of Facebook, but you don’t see how telling people what you had for breakfast is going to get clients.
- What the heck is “article marketing”?
How about this?
- You know you need to “grow your list” but you’re not sure where to start.
- You need a lot of BANG for your Buck, because you have a starting budget and a lot of priorities! Where should I focus my money to get the most out of it?
- You’ve taken every single “Start Your Business In 30 Days” course out there (or so it feel like), but you have not gotten anywhere. It’s all so focused on the big picture, and you’re just looking for what you can do RIGHT NOW. You need the “How To” DETAILS!
- You’re overwhelmed by how much you have to do on your own! How does a single entrepreneur do it all? There must be some super-duper productivity secrets out there?!
- You’re doing your very best to get your business going, have a life and work 30 hours a week (you know, for money to pay for your “hobby”) and you’re fading fast. You’re headed for a break-down unless you find someone to help you have a BREAK-THROUGH!
- If “happy wife” equals “happy life” for the rest of the family, something is wrong because your family is miserable and so are you. There is no resemblance of balance ANYWHERE in your life. None.
- You’d like to finally feel somewhat in control –at least be able to manage the things you can control.
You want to get your mindset into Success Mode!
- You are ready for a CUSTOMIZED, strategic plan. No more “one size fit’s all” business plans.
- You need support, someone who believes in your potential, because you have a lot of people who say you can’t do it in this economy.
- You feel blind! You want direction. You need to know the software to buy, the expert support you need and where resources can be found for free. (You basically need someone who knows all of the behind-the-scenes stuff that saves you loads of moolah!)
- You feel time pressure and want results NOW, or at the very least something that can help you make decisions so that you can feel like you’re doing something. Sitting in indecision drives you crazy!
- You understand that it takes time, but you’re finally ready to do what it takes to make money, and get clients and business flowing TO you.
Autoresponders. “The Money’s In The List.” SEO. WordPress. Widgets.
Plugins. Domains. Hosting. Twitter. Article Marketing. Blogs. ROI. SM.
Squiddoo. Webinars. Teleseminars. Telesummits. JV. Affiliate. Shopping Cart.
Affiliate Programs. Newsletters. HTML Code. Privacy Laws.
Copyright. Copy Writing.
Pull Marketing. eZines. Client Attraction…
So much to learn!
What do you REALLY need to know to get started, and what can wait?
Making good decisions comes from knowing the 3 C’s: Clarity, Confidence & Courage.
Happiness in business comes from feeling confident in your decision making skills.
Do you have the 3 C’s?
If you’re serious about accelerating your success and getting your business growing — you need what you CANNOT get from a course, or home-study program, or book.
You need One-To-One attention.
This is NOT another course. There is no canned approach or one-size-fits-all system. This is ONLY for those who want personalized attention and a coach to show them exactly what they need to do to be happy in life and in business.
If you sign up expecting a group approach, or a “facilitator” or a bunch of theory but no detailed ‘how to’ then you’re in the wrong place.
Why A Business Coach?
How can you possibly know exactly what you need to know, without all the extra stuff? (‘Cause your brain might explode if you try and add in any more information!)
I’ve been there. Through trial and effort, money lost and time wasted I’ve gain valuable knowledge that can prevent you from experiencing unnecessary growing pains in business.
A good coach knows:
- EXACTLY what to focus on first, so that you can SAVE MONEY & TIME!
- Key Professionals and will make introductions so that you don’t make the mistake of hiring someone (let’s say a V.A or a web designer) who takes your money and then runs. (This happens more than it should). Do you know who you can trust as a graphic designer, affiliate manager, productivity expert or WordPress expert?
- PROVEN Recommended Resources, and the tools that other coaching professionals use in their businesses. SAVE TIME & MONEY by knowing which tools you need immediately, and what can wait. You have a limited budget, so don’t waste your money on things you don’t need yet!!
You can waste a lot of time and money on things (and people!) that don’t work.
A good coach ensures:
- You get customized support. Life and business are not separate! It’s hard for one area to work well when another area is falling apart. When things aren’t working, you have someone who is OBJECTIVE and not attached. Someone who has been there and understands, and will get you through it!You can give up and give in when things get tough, OR you can identify the problem, focus on a solution and work towards earning more money.
- You have someone to celebrate with. It feel really good to succeed! And it feels even better to have someone who gets it! When I received the first proof copy of my book in the mail, my coach was the only one who truly understood how much commitment it took to get to that point. No one else realized how much it meant to me; no one else could have, because my coach was the only one who had been through the entire process with me!
- You get results! No one cares more about your results, other than you. The reason she became a coach in the first place is because she likes watching her clients achieve more, faster, than they ever could have on their own (and…once again, saving them time and money)!
So we’ve established that having a coach will keep you from wasting time and money (both very precious when you’re first starting out)
So what are you waiting for?
You have a few limiting beliefs in
your head and applying a Marketing BandAid
will not work!
I can do it on my own.
Could I have done it on my own? Yes. I could have spent THOUSANDS of HOURS hunting on the internet, and hundreds of dollars on Amazon.com buying every business book out there (or even worse, thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in a large group coaching program, where I paid a lot and didn’t even get the details I needed to get started.)
Instead, I invested the money on the most important resource of my company — ME! And because of that, I got exactly what I needed, direct support, a customized strategy and someone to celebrate with. You can’t get that when you try to go it alone.
I am a coach. I don’t need one. I already know what to do, I don’t need someone else pointing out the obvious.
…..Sorry, I had to get myself together to answer that one. (I’m laughing very hard right now!) Any decent coach knows that she grows faster (aka: earns more money) with new insight. The successful coaches I know either have one-to-one coaches, or they’re in a group coaching program. You need something to keep the new ideas flowing, and you need someone to help you see options when you feel stuck. Sure, you could have an “accountability partner” but often, they’re more interested in their stuff than yours. A coach sees solutions where you see problems. A coach sees value where you see problems. A coach sees your strength when you see problems…see the trend here?
I don’t have time.
That’s why you need a coach. That one hour a week, or every 2 weeks will SAVE you 5-10 hours. Instead of spending 10 hours trying to “google it” –when you aren’t even sure what you’re looking for, a coach will just tell you.
You: Muttering, swearing. “Must google faster. Must use different search terms…I wonder if www.acmeprofessionals.ze is good? Their violent yellow highlights, red text and arrows pointing to major testimonials tell me they’re a reliable company…but it’s 2:37 am, and I’ve been searching since 10pm, maybe I’m just desperate for a solution? If only I knew someone who knew this stuff.”
Your Coach: “Go to www.wigets.net. They’re the least expensive, without compromising on value. Suzy Brown uses them, and loves it.“
Time saved: 4 hours, 37 minutes. Imagine what you could do with that time, if you KNEW what you were doing? (Sleep comes to my mind.)
I don’t have money.
Yes, coaching is expensive, I’m not going to lie to you. But it saves you time, and that cliche about Time=Money is right. If you have 4x as many hours in the day as everyone else, congratulations, you have to time you need to do everything else on your own.
But if you’re like most of us, you have a limited amount of time. If you have a job (congrats, you like most entrepreneurs who are getting started), kids, a spouse, and other obligations you don’t have a lot of time.
So there is your choice…and this choice is what distinguishes the successful from the complainers: what are your priorities? If “freedom” is a priority, but business is not…I’m sorry to say, that freedom may never find you.
So you invest in a coach. If you need to, think of it this way. A coach will cost about the same as a months rent if you were doing a store-front business. But since you’re not, you don’t have rent. You’re not commuting. In fact, for the first few months, a coach will show you how to spend very little on your business, and get big results.
Really, in the first six months of my business, besides coaching, I spent about $350, total. My coaching was the bulk of my costs, but it also saved me a tonne of money in the long run AND she accelerated my success by YEARS (time = money, after all).
When something is priority, you do what it takes to succeed. And if it isn’t a real priority, you will let fear take over and fear will make your decision for you.
“People will suffer almost anything as long as they don’t have to change” Deepak Chopra.
But you WANT to change, right? You want success and happiness? Why are you suffering in your business, when you don’t need to? Have a Happy Business, with someone to show you how.
Who am I & why should you care?
I am the President and Founder of the Center for Authentic Self Development, published author of The Now of Happiness: Your Official Happiness Formula, contributor to Success Rituals 2.0: Winning Habits of High-Achieving Women: how she does it & how you can too! and the host of The Now of Happiness radio show.
My background is in educational psychology, I was a counselor in the education system and I really didn’t like it. It was hard for me to focus day-in and day-out on what was wrong. That’s not in my nature. Luckily, I discovered the positive psychology movement! Essentially, that led me to start my business…
Which I did in early 2008, and for the first 8 months by myself, I got NO WHERE. I knew nothing about business, and I knew very little about coaching, even though my background is in psychology. I had no money, was working full time, and didn’t know what I didn’t know so I was wasting time and focusing on all the wrong things. I was crying A LOT, and discouraged…no, I was DEFEATED! Almost…
My first encounter with a business coach was not a good one. I’m lucky that I’m stubborn, because when I tried to explain what I wanted to do to this “Business Coach” — who worked for a company, she didn’t even own a business– she laughed at me. And I fleed the situation as fast as I could to lick my wounds and give up. Except I didn’t. That horrible woman with no vision, and with no business giving “Business Advice” didn’t deserve to take my dream from me. Why would I give her the power? So, I dug my heals in and kept going.
God intervened and through serendipity, or fate, or the Law of Attraction (whatever you want to call it) I ended up meeting a business coach, a proper business coach who had vision, and was running her OWN successful business, so she’d been there. She could teach me what I needed to know and save me loads of time and tears.
And then I hit another road block, trying to explain to my husband my vision, and convince him that my idea was worth the amount of money I had to spend to get the coaching so I could succeed! The only way he understood was to view my business as “a hobby.” Which killed me inside (because to me, it was anything but something you ‘dabbled at,’ like knitting or pottery or building ships inside bottles). But he was right, until I made my first dollar, it WAS a hobby.
And that was the beginning of my vision, and I’m growing that vision and my business daily.
I was where you are now. Trust me, along the way I learned every time-money saving trick there is! Because of that, I’m all about high value and low cost, even if this means spending extra to get something perfect and not having to worry about it later. I know how to get as much out of every minute I have, and I can make every dollar stretch as far as it can go!
If you’re just starting out and looking for a guide, I can get you there if you’re willing to work, be honest with yourself and invest in your biggest asset – YOU!
Types of Coaching Available
Full Time VIP
- 2 coaching calls each month (60 minutes each), SPECIFIC TO YOU. We work on what you need, as you need it. Nothing “canned” about this approach.
- eCoaching (one email a day, to answer your questions AS THEY ARISE! You don’t have to sit on them until the next call, get answers within a few hours.)
Part Time VIP
- 1 coaching call each month (60 minutes), SPECIFIC TO YOU. We work on what you need, as you need it. Nothing “canned” about this approach.
- eCoaching (one email a day, to answer your questions AS THEY ARISE! You don’t have to sit on them until the next call, get answers within a few hours.)
This format allows you the freedom and independence to still stand on your own two feet. You’ll be able to make your own decisions, AND have FANTASTIC, behind-the-scenes advice from someone who knows! (ME )
My form of coaching is perfect for
- those who are ready to take a no-excuses approach to their business (and life). No victims or whiners allowed! — Just so we’re clear.
- those who want the truth
- those who are willing to do what it takes
Like I said, I take a No-Excuses approach to my own business, and I expect the same from my clients. I’m a bit spunky, very honest and be warned, I let the occasional curse-word loose. If that upsets you, we won’t be a good fit.
IF, however, you’re ready for some honest results and you’re ready to get your brain working FOR YOU, instead of letting those self-sabotaging beliefs take over, we’ll get along wonderfully!
This is NOT a marketing BandAid. This isn’t another group program, or a Home-Study course.
This is one-to-one coaching. You and Me. Together…figuring out your business, celebrating and maybe shedding the odd tear of frustration. The point? We do it as a team.
If you’re 100% ready to accelerate your success, and get your business moving, fill out an application for a FREE Discovery Session. Won’t cost you a dime, and could save you thousands of hours of pain!
Let’s discuss what you’re looking for in a coach and see if I’m your gal!
Send an email with ‘Discovery Call’ in the subject heading.
I will forward you the Discovery Session Application and
then we’ll book at time for your Free Call.
What to expect in a Discovery Session?
You apply, book a time and then I call you. We chat for about 30 minutes, talking about what you’re looking for, how I work and what your expectations are. If we’re a good match, we’ll create a customized coaching plan for you. Yes — customized, that means how often you want to talk, the method (phone, video conferencing and email…or a combination of all) and factor in any of my products that might also help you.
To Happiness in Business!